Do you want to spruce up your old boring bathroom but you don't have the money to do it? Do you want to have a nice claw-footed bathtub and walk-in steam showers but your budget will only allow you a measly water hose and a teeny wash tub?
Here are some great yet cheap bathroom décor tips that will make bathroom décor< shops that sell expensive accessories run for their money.
- Install shelf units in your bathroom that you can make out of your old metal shelves sitting in your garage for a long time. Paint it a nice color and add some bathroom accessories like decorative soaps or scented candles. You can hang your towels here and store other toiletries.
- Make your shower curtain from an old bedspread, you can use a bedspread you won’t use anymore that still looks nice or you can buy from a thrift shop or yard sale. Choose a pattern or design that will be appropriate for a bathroom. Example of fabrics that will make great shower curtains is low thread count linen.
- Design your own towel by cutting some fabric from the bedspread you used to make a shower curtain. Customize your towel by sewing the cut fabric along the edges of your towel to have that matching look.
- If you have a small bathroom and you want to add more space to it but you don’t have the budget for a bathroom extension, you can sue mirrors. Mirrors create an illusion of a bigger space because it reflects the lights and pattern of your bathroom walls. If you still don’t have the money to buy a mirror, you can use that old mirror at the back of your closet door that you don’t really use. Place it horizontally on your bathroom wall above your bathtub.
- You can also buy a bedside table from a thrift shop that you can use as a storage space. You can place it next to your bathtub and you can store towels or other bath and shower necessities inside this storage piece. Just make sure that you will paint it in a matching color as your bathtub to create that unified look. You can light a scented candle at the top of the table and relax yourself while taking a bath. Or if you want, you can place a vase of fresh flowers that will make your bathroom more romantic.
- Instead of overhauling your bathroom, you can just accessorize with what you already have. If you already have nice colored tiles, don’t remove them and replace them with new ones if you think you can’t afford it. Don’t push your budget to the limit. Instead, decorate your bathroom that will complement the color of your tiles. Accessorize with affordable yet attractive bathroom decors. If you get tired of your decorations, try a different style and keep your old accessories so that you can still reuse them.
Decorating your bathroom shouldn’t be too expensive. Just keep your creative juices flowing and have an open mind for fresh ideas.